This is a complex program consisting of technical, tactical, physical conditioning and mental preparation for those players who wish to compete at competitions within diverse age groups. We have high expectations of our players at the tennis courts and beyond and we encourage them and assist them in achieving optimal and top results.
Whom do we expect to enroll in this program?
- Everybody in the age group from 10- to 18 years
- Those who wish to be acknowledged players in their age group
What is our goal?
Our training approach enables the players to use all the complex technical elements in their game. We concentrate here not only on the improvement of the shots, but also on the foot work and the gradual involvement and application of tactical and strategic elements.
In addition to these game related issues, we inform our players about all the options and possibilities that tennis can open up for them. This implies not only competition tennis (ATP/WTA/ITF), but also tennis scholarships in the USA. Not less significant gains are also related to habit formation of rational time management, organization of activities and learning how to set achievable goals and work towards achieving them.
How can the goals be achieved?
The most important issue is that everybody (the trainer, the player and the parents) become aware of the importance of long term thinking because there are many years and a lot of hard work needed to achieve top goals and high level of success. We are committed to quality trainings. We do not believe that quantity alone will improve the game. Therefore we increase the training hours only if it does not have a negative impact on the quality.
Tasks and duties of the trainer
- to provide the players with conditions that would motivate them to achieve the best they can
- to design an individual development plan and discuss it with the player. The constitutive parts of this plan are:
- establishment of the general characteristics of the player, and setting of future realistic and achievable goals
- analysis of the player’s technical skills (with video recordings)
- establishment and analysis of the strategic and tactical skills of the player
- diagnosis of the mental strengths and weaknesses
- assessment of the player’s fitness and physical conditioning (USTA fitness measurements)
- negotiation of a half yearly and yearly plan/cycle with the player
- attending competitions
- setting homework and discussing results
- maintenance of a good relationship and collaboration with the parents – continuous reports on training goals and achievements etc.
The players’ duties and tasks are:
- Positive attitude and commitment (we expect that -at the trainings as well as at the competitions- the player aims at achieving the best possible result)
- To obey to the rules regarding the trainings (coming on time, warming up, focusing, stretching etc.)
- to conduct a competition diary
- to fulfill the individual tasks given
The duties of the parents
- to provide the player with stress free training conditions and environment. (E.g. to arrive on time to the trainings, not to drop training sessions, to take the children to the competitions, to pay the monthly fee on time itd.
- to encourage and motivate the child
- to trust the coach
- to discuss with the coach and not with the player all his/her concerns, questions and perceptions.